Friday, August 15, 2014

That's not me!

Hubby and I finally picked the carpet for the upstairs!  My favorite cousin is coming out next month to visit for my mom's 81st birthday.  So the push is on!!!  Our guest room is crammed full of Christmas decorations that never made it up to the attic... seems kinda silly to go ahead and put it up there now just to get down in 3 months.  So dragging it all back downstairs to the garage.

The good or maybe the  bad thing is we unblocked my "Other" closet.  You know that "Other" closet ... the one with all those clothes that you either couldn't wear or didn't wear but can't throw it out?

Every morning this week I have been peeking in to see if I have any treasures that I can finally fit ... My give away pile is really growing!  But I also have a new old/new wardrobe.  I had forgotten what all was stashed away in there. 

This morning I decided to just see if my skinny dress fit ... now skinny is a relative phrase... we are talking size 18.  I have not worn this dress for 22 years!  It FIT!  OMG!  It fit!  Do you know what this means?

Well down the stairs I pranced ... I twisted and turned ... and my sweet sweet husband gave me all the accolades that I felt I deserved!  He really is a wonderful man! I felt like a million dollars!

It just so happened that my daughter called and asked if I wanted to ride to work with her!  Perfect!  I was so excited I was out the door to greet her like a flash!  I twisted and turned and pranced and posed for the camera.

Then she showed me the picture.  My heart stopped.  That's not me!  That is not the way I looked wearing it before!  Who is that old fat woman?  Seriously what happened, that isn't the way I feel.

When I first started this post I was going to name it delusional, but I'm working at not allowing myself to self-talk my way into quitting again!   There is no failure allowed!

So ...

I am going to enjoy wearing this dress now because it won't be long before it too will be to big and have to go in to the donate pile!!! 
    






2 comments:

  1. You wear that dress and you wear it proudly!!! You are making progress -> forward motion.. THAT is what matters.

    ReplyDelete