Monday, August 11, 2014

What happened?


My brother came and sat with me at the hospital all day Friday while my mom had a procedure done ... you remember my brother ... remember me telling you he called me all excited about a diet book he was reading?  Well he isn't doing so great.  He's even bigger than before.  He and my hubby started this "plan" right about the same time.  My hubby is down 75 pounds and sadly it looks like my baby brother found half of them.

I asked him what went wrong ... We talked and he said he knows what needs to be done ... but then he proceeded to tell me all about the obstacles and why he just couldn't do it.  How is wife won't do this ... so he couldn't do that ... We talked for about 2 hours with him justifying why he couldn't get started again.

It was very frustrating because I wanted to tell him he was so full of himself and to get over it ... but it also made me think very hard about my own self talk!  When you tell yourself over and over why you can't do something ... then you can't do it!  Every single reason he came up with was just an excuse.  I know because I use the same excuses!!!


One of his biggest excuses was by the time his wife gets off work and drives home she is exhausted and just wants to eat out.  Well my brother is semi-retired and when he does work he chooses his own hours and usually works from home so I asked him why he doesn't do the cooking. He was stunned "Every Night?"